April 06, 2013

It's Friday... I'm in Love (End of the Bed Bench)

Okay, so it is actually Saturday morning, but it was Friday when I started this post.  That is how things go around here.  Nothing gets finished immediately after it is started.

That's okay, I am still in love with my latest Craigslist transformation.
I am a simple girl.  All it takes is a $50 bench and a can of spray paint to make me happy!!

I have been totally attracted to painted "bamboo" furniture lately.  To keep with the "It's Saturday Friday, I'm in love" theme, you could say that I love it!  When I came across this bench on Craigslist, I knew I had to have it for the end of my bed.  

Here are few rooms featuring painted "bamboo" that first caught my attention. 

I love everything about this room, but the yellow chairs are to die for!  

Houzz
We had had almost these exact white chairs in our kitchen growing up.  My mom0 isn't sure what happened to them.  I would kill to have them now!
Windsor Smith
A similar version....
decorpad

Orange Chinoiserie chandelier....yes, please.


This desk chair makes quite a statement painted blue.
Houzz

I have admired this bedroom by Massucco Warner Miller for so many years and for so many reasons.  Today, it is for the white chandelier.


How about this Lilly Pullitzer bench? It is precious, but it comes with a precious $1,100 price tag too!  I will stick to Craigslist for now.
Lilly Pulitzer $1,100 

Here is my bench before.  It was actually a nice distressed blue/green color.  
I did like it the way it was, but it wasn't right for my room. Bring on the spray paint!


I used Krylon's Caramel Latte in Satin that I found at Hobby Lobby.  It is my new favorite! I love it so much that I started scouring the house for other things I could paint with it.
I had to stop myself before everything in my house was Caramel Latte!

Again, here is the bench after.  It looks even better in my master bedroom the foot of the bed.  Unfortunately, the room isn't quite post worthy.  I am working on it....

Check back to see the master bedroom reveal....coming soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback!
Thanks:)